Eyes: Light Blue
 Background Choices
As one of two main characters, Althea's history is more malleable than other established characters. At the start of the game, you are presented with an event, and one of three choices of how the character responds. This choice which will gain a trait (and a permanent bonus) to the character. It also appears that the appearance of the background event may be random.
Althea was a rather determined, some might say stubborn, girl at a young age, and this got her in a lot of trouble. Most of the time her training kept her safe, but this worried her father nonetheless. He warned her that one day her luck would run out, and then she would find out what she was truly made of. One day, Morran's words came true. One special day, Althea's life was truly in danger for the first time, and that was the day when she:
- A fire broke out in the forest, and Althea had to jump through the flames to survive. Althea emerges unscathed, and has an innate resistance to elemental conditions. (5% resistance to Elemental conditions such as burning, frozen, tired, shattered, poisoned)
- Althea and her brother came face to face with a goblins, and she had to fight them barehanded. Althea is victorious, and has a resistance to body and mind conditions (5% resistance to Physical conditions such as paralyzed, weakened, slowed, scared, confused)
- The family's food ran out during a blizzard, and Althea helped her father hunt for food. Althea managed to find enough food with her skills, and they survived, and she grew hardier as a result (Hit Point Regeneration increased).
One day as a child, Althea was out picking berries when she saw a poisonous wooly snake. She knew that one bite could be fatal, so she kept her cool, and:
- Caught the snake by the neck, and throw it back into the woods. This is how Althea learned she had a talent for finding the right spot to attack. (The chance for Critical Hits is improved)
- Evaded the snake's bite, and quickly runs back to the safety of the hut. This just proved Althea was quicker and more nimble than others. (Agility is improved)
- Stayed perfectly still, and stared down the snake until it slithered away. This demonstrated Althea's amount of self-control, and determination. (Will is improved)
As a young girl, Althea was always competitive. She wanted to be stronger, faster, and better than anyone else. Her favorite exercise was:
- Running through the forest for hours until she almost collapsed, and then run 2 more minutes the next day. The results made Althea capable of enduring more hardships than others. (Endurance is improved)
- Climbed a tree to do pull-ups on a branch until she almost fell off. Althea grew stronger in her upper body. (Strength is improved).
- Put up small wooden targets, and then try to hit them while blindfolded. Althea grew aware of her surroundings, her reach, and the way she moved. (Skill is improved)
On her 13th birthday, Altheas's father allowed him to travel to Ninim for the first time on his own. Althea came upon wagon with a broken wheel, owned by a traveling enchanter from Grimoire. The enchanter was pleased to see Althea, and said he needed help to fix his wagon, but didn't dare to leave it behind due to the valuables it held. Althea soon returned with craftsmen which fixed the wagon, and the enchanter had a gift for Althea:
- The enchanter gave Althea a spellbook so she could study the magical arts as well. Althea learned much about spellcasting, and was more advanced than others their own age. (Arcane is Improved)
- The enchanter put his hand on her forehead, and cast a spell to unlock Althea's full potential. Althea found she could push herself harder. (HP/SP are increased)
- The enchanter gave Althea a vial of Distilled Light, a potion said to enlighten you. Drinking it, Althea felt the power of light spread inside her, and she could always think with a clear head. (Skill/Stamina Point regeneration increased)